Mayor Alanna Hnatiw
Mayor Alanna Hnatiw was elected Mayor of Sturgeon County Council in the 2017 Election on Monday, October 16, 2017.
Mayor Hnatiw has been a Sturgeon County resident, as well as an active participant and volunteer in the community for 16 years. She shares her life with husband Rob and two children in Division 5. Ms. Hnatiw comes from four generations of farmers, but has spent most of her adult life as a small business owner in the oil and gas service industry. Her focus is on leadership that will have an open door to its residents and an open mind while looking for innovative solutions to current challenges.
Ms. Hnatiw is committed to playing an active role in strengthening regional relationships and developing a prosperous future for Sturgeon County. Her goal is to support diversification in industry and agriculture and support small business. There are many opportunities in Sturgeon County to chart a course for responsible, sustainable development.
Mayor Hnatiw serves as ex-officio for all Committees of Council and is the Chair of all Regular Council Meetings, unless absent. When not attending to the business of the County, Ms. Hnatiw enjoys time horseback riding, golfing, downhill skiing and teaching Yoga.
Mayor Hnatiw sits on the following Boards and Committees
- Alberta Industrial Heartland Association
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board
Regional Agriculture Master Plan Task Force
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Management Board
Shared Investment for Shared Benefit Task Force
- Edmonton Global
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority Appointers Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Northern Alberta Mayors and Reeves Caucus
- Pembina Zone
- Sturgeon County / City of St. Albert Annexation Negotiation Committee
- Sturgeon County / City of St. Albert Inter-Municpal Affairs Committee
- Sturgeon County / Town of Morinville Inter-Municpal Affairs Committee
Mayor Alanna Hnatiw's 2018 State of the County Address
Monthly Expense Claims
County Paid Expenses