Sturgeon County's Dust Suppression Program can help reduce the impact of dust on residential properties.
When you sign up for this program, the County will apply calcium or oil to the County roadway adjacent to the applicant's property.
Important Information About Dust Suppression
- The first 100 metres of dust suppression per resident is subsidized. All dust suppression beyond the basic 100 metre application will be charged at FULL COST to a maximum of an extra 100 metres (as per Sturgeon County Policy Dust Suppression 2019, approved March 26, 2019).
- There is no guarantee to the length of life of the calcium treatment.
- Oil treatment will be guaranteed until Dec. 31st of the same year installed (one season).
- Approval for the Oil treatment is subject a site inspection by Transportation Services. Some restrictions may apply.
- Sturgeon County, at its sole discretion, may undertake work on any treated areas to maintain a safe driving surface.
New Dust Suppression Option for 2020
- Not a calcium- or salt-based product
- Applied as a thin film of mineral oil on gravel
- Helps keep dust down, and repel water.
For the best rate order by April 15, 2020
2020 Sturgeon County Dust Suppression Application Click here
Application will only be accepted until May 17, 2020
For more information, contact Sturgeon County Transportation Services at 780-939-8252 or toll free at 1-866-939-9303.