Sturgeon County's Dust Suppression Program can help reduce the impact of dust on residential properties.
When you sign up for this program, the County will apply calcium or oil to the County roadway adjacent to the applicant's property.
Important Information About Dust Suppression
- The first 100 metres of dust suppression per resident is subsidized. All dust suppression beyond the basic 100 metre application will be charged at FULL COST to a maximum of an extra 100 metres (as per the current Sturgeon County Dust Suppression Policy).
- There is no guarantee to the length of life of the calcium treatment.
- Oil treatment will be guaranteed until Dec. 31st of the same year installed (one season).
- Approval for the Oil treatment is subject a site inspection by Transportation Services. Some restrictions may apply.
- Sturgeon County, at its sole discretion, may undertake work on any treated areas to maintain a safe driving surface.
Dust Suppression Options for 2021 include Calcium, Oil and MIneral Oil, more information to come.
For the best rate order by April 16, 2021
2021 Sturgeon County Dust Suppression application forms coming soon.
Application forms will only be accepted until May 17, 2021
For more information, contact Sturgeon County Transportation Services at 780-939-8252 or toll free at 1-866-939-9303.